Tile #39

Dear Mrs. Wilkerson's Class - and especially the child who chose me,

Thank you so much for leaving Heart Tile #39 for me at the front door of my needlepoint shop, Homestead Needle Arts at 8185 Holly Road in the Grand Ridge Galleria shopping center.  

First let me say that you have made me feel very welcome here!  Your gesture of leaving the tile as a gift was very heartwarming!

On Valentine's Day I was in the process of getting my shop ready to open as I have moved it from Saginaw Street.  My husband has been helping me by hanging hardware on the walls at the shop.  He found the tile outside the door and thought it was something I had dropped!   I read the back of the tile and found that one of you had included me in your 100 Warm Hearts Project.  Thank you!

The things that I find the most heartwarming in life include my husband, my dog Star (who helps at the shop), my sisters and brothers - I have five siblings! - and my hobbies of which needlepoint is only one.  I like to stitch just about anything, read, knit, bike and fish.  I wish all of you the very best things in life and thank you again for choosing me to participate in your project.
Theresa Swiecicki

1 comment:

  1. I have a funny story to tell you. I left the tile outside your door at about 8:55pm on Wednesday night. I saw you in the shop. Your dog was watching me through the window! I wondered what she must be thinking as I put the tile next to the door. I told my students the story about the dog the next day. :)

    Mrs. Wilkerson

    ReplyDelete